Monday, May 13, 2013

Adepticon: Lord of the Rings

With the release of the Hobbit SBG rulebook last winter our small group of LotR players had a shot of new excitement about the game we love.  I'll leave to analyses of GW and it's sale strategies to others but let me say I'm just happy to still be able to play the game and use the models I have as the new stuff is a bit rich for my blood.

The original plan was to have Brent Sinclair run his "March to Mount Doom" event on Thursday night, the Team Tournament on Friday and some Hobbit demos on Saturday and Sunday.  All these events either came very close to selling out or sold out and had spots added so I was very pleased with that.  We were also fortunate to get some new Hobbit product thanks to the Adepticon sponsor team and the wonderful retailers that support the convention (not GW, but lots of OTHER retailers).

Here is the cast of characters who turned out for the Team Tournament on Saturday.
 
Below are some shots of the armies and players from that day.  It was an awesome event to run and I want to thank all of the attendees for making it such a great day.







 


 
 


3 comments:

Tronhammer NZ said...

Yay! Keep the LOTR content coming :D

Adepticon looked awesome - hope I can make it over one day.

Scottswargaming said...

Looks great, thanks for sharing the pictures.

Jamie said...

Thanks guys, glad you like it. Adepticon is unlike any gaming convention I've been too. It's definitely worth a trip if you can swing it.